Here

Friday, January 13, 2012

Biking on a Rainy Day

  Once I was coming from Bankura (a small town) by riding my bike. It was a rainy day. I covered my-self with a rain-coat and my helmet. When I started towards my home it was already dark. The sky was totally covered with shapeless, colorless, lifeless monsoon cloud. It was only a slight drizzle then.

   After 10 minutes the drizzle became shower. Within a few minutes my rain-coat proved insufficient to protect me. I was soaked inside. My bike was still going on and on. Rain drops felt like the icy knifes of some satanic forces. I had no shelter on the way. It is because the road goes through the woody areas mostly devoid of human beings.

   My helmet glass lost most of its transparency. I could not see much. I slowed my bike down. Soon the road was flooded by thousands tiny streams. Very soon the road became indistinguishable from the field. All was leveled by water and then it was happened. I landed on a muddy ditch. My bike almost get lost in the mud and flood. I discovered most of my body under water and mud. It was total darkness then. In total darkness I recovered my bike and myself from it.

........................I'll tell no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment